The End of Life for Windows 7
A brief overview of Windows 10 now that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.
It has been a long time coming. You may or may not already know this, but as of January 2020, Microsoft announced they will no longer be supporting Windows 7 and all other older versions of Windows. So, what does this mean for people who have relied on their Windows 7 computers day in and day out since 2009? Well, you can keep using your Windows 7 computers but were here to let you know about some of the benefits of upgrading to Windows 10.
- Microsoft intends for Windows 10 to be the final operating system they will create. This means they will continue to have system updates and extensive support. This means your computer will always have the latest and greatest system and security updates to keep it running strong. If you are a government agency, these updates will help to ensure you are ISO compliant.
- With Windows 10 comes the option for better security. Programs like Avast and Cylance scan your computer to quarantine and remove malware before it can infect your network. There is also Windows Hello. Windows Hello allows your computer to be unlocked with a fingerprint, iris scanner, or face recognition. By using biometrics to log in instead of just a standard password, your computer is more secured and has less of a chance of being hacked into.
- Do you ever turn on your computer, log in, and instantly all these programs you never use boot up? With Windows 10 Control Center, you have more control now than ever to choose what programs you want to start up automatically and what programs you may never want to start up. Switch them on and off as you please.
- It is so common now a days to have touch screen devices within businesses that you need to be able to utilize them effectively. Windows 10 works seamlessly with these hybrid devices allowing a user to go into touch-view mode anytime they go to use the touch screen. It makes it easier to switch between those devices that can be used as both a laptop and a tablet.
- Last but certainly not least, Windows 10 is a faster operating system than Windows 7. It is a more efficient system that requires less processing power from the hardware. Not only is it’s start up time incredibly fast, but so is the time it takes to load the applications. Your computer’s battery will thank you.
These are just some of the benefits to upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. If you are still a little cautious about wanting to take the leap or if you are ready to make that jump, give us a call or send us an email! We would be more than happy to go into further details on why it is a good move for your business and we will also facilitate the process for you with little downtime so you can get back to doing what you do best.